Saturday, October 13, 2012

Daddy's Day!

Today Hudson is 24 days old!!!  I don't know who was more excited...Hudson or Ben!  This morning on our way over, I asked Ben if he was excited to get to hold Hudson and he was beaming from ear to ear.  His response to me..."Well DUH!"  After all, he's only waited 24 days!

Right after Hudson's noon care, the nurse got Ben all comfortable and then nestled Hudson onto Ben's chest.  The look of excitement and joy in Ben's face was priceless!  One of the first things out of his mouth was "he has a handful of hair", but soon Hudson settled and then Ben settled...we'll you can see for yourself:)

Who's an excited Daddy?  He is!!

"Daddy, why do you have hair on your chest?  Mommy doesn't" - Hudson

"Cover me up...it's COLD in the NICU today!" - Hudson


"I'm being a good boy looking at the camera like Mommy asked.  Why doesn't Daddy listen?" - Hudson

"Thankfully he listened to Mommy this time..." - Hudson

"I wonder if I'll have hair on my chest..." - Hudson

"I see a lot of Saturday afternoons in my future like this!" - Hudson


As you can see both Ben and Hudson enjoyed Kangaroo care today!  And to be able to do care, the deal is Hudson has to continue to gain weight.  Which he did!  He is now 3lbs 5oz.  They asked us if we had any clothes for him because at 3.5lbs they'd start dressing him.  Oh dear...sooner than we thought!  Which is a good thing!  So Ben and I went shopping.  We got him 4 outfits, they told us to not go overboard because he'll continue to grow and quickly grow out of them and need bigger.  ((We are doing his laundry as I type this post))  They showed Ben his growth chart and he's in the 50th percentile for his age.  They increased his food intake again today.

After Ben and Hudson time it was hair washing time for Mr. Hudson.  He was NOT a happy camper...as you can see:(
"What is going on?  I just want to go back to sleep!" - Hudson

"Where's my hat?!?  My head is cold!" - Hudson

"I should have known you had something to do with this Mommy! Why are you making my head wet?" - Hudson

"LEAVE ME ALONE" - Hudson

"Why?" - Hudson

"Are you done yet?" - Hudson


"AHHH the red nailed lady is going to swallow my face!!!" - Hudson

"Talk to the hand! And thank you for giving me my hat back!" - Hudson

"I told you I just wanted to go to sleep!" - Hudson

Gestational age, tomorrow Hudson will be 31 weeks!

Hudson has had amazing strides this week!  Prayers are being heard and God is ever present with Hudson.  Please keep him and his friends at Riley in your thoughts and prayers!  There are a LOT of families out there that would appreciate them!

And complete sidenote...but if you drink canned beverages that have a "pop tab"...Please save them!  Let me know when you get a good stash of them and I'll come pick them up from you or arrange to get them.  The Ronald McDonald House needs them!  This is a very small way that Ben and I want to give back to Ron's house!  So...if you have an office pop machine, put a collection cup/bucket for these.  I know Ben's co-workers are already at work collecting for us, and we Thank you for taking that extra step!  Let me know if you have any questions:)











No comments:

Post a Comment